JACK RUBIN & SONS, INC., established in 1945, is a California corporation with general offices in Compton, CA, manufacturing and warehousing facilities in Compton and Burbank, CA, as well as subsidiary companies in Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Idaho.
For over 60 years we have specialized in the distribution of wire rope, cable, rigging hardware and the manufacture of slings, lifting devices, and cargo handling gear. We are proud of our reputation for quality, service, and price. Because of it. we have established many loyal and satisfied customers throughout the United States. Our policy of offering quality, service, and price – in that order – shall remain unchanged but we will continue to improve our facilities and add new products in order to provide you with the most complete “one-stop” rigging service in the West.
The purpose of this catalog is to afford you a handy reference to many of the outstanding products that we sell. We are pleased to represent these fine manufacturers for we know that their products are proven, promptly available and competitively priced. Our experienced sales personnel and rigging experts are always available for prompt and comprehensive assistance to you. A single phone call does the trick!
- Buildings – manufacturing and warehousing: 55,000 sq. ft
- Swaging Presses – 2-500 ton, 1-1500 ton, hydraulic (National).
- Splicing Vises – 1 pneumatic: 6 manual.
- Socketing Furnace – Partlow – Pyrometer – Controlled, Navy Approved.
- Cable Assemblies Preservation Vat – 5000 gallon capacity, with overhead hoists.
- Testing Device, Hydraulic – 170 ton Capacity, Calibrated Annually, approved by U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Standards (OSHA).
- Spooling & coiling machines – mechanical. -Truck mounted
- Design, engineering & manufacturing of wire rope hoisting slings & assemblies.
- Splicing: Long splicing, endless splicing, grommets, safety, marine and mechanical.
- Socketing: Zinc, Babbit, Spelter, Swaged.
- Swaging: Terminal Fittings, Sleeves, Buttons & Ferrules.
- Tensile load testing and destruction tests – slings, hardware and devices.
- Ship and Yacht Rigging.
- Quality controlled in-plant or jobsite rigging services.
As an established supplier of services and materials to numerous commercial enterprises and governmental agencies, we employ
what we consider to be the finest master riggers and craftsmen in our industry. Regardless of its size, every job order is completed
to the letter of the RIGGER’S CODE.
“A RIGGER HAS A DEFINITE OBLIGATION TO HIS FELLOW WORKMAN, TO HIS EMPLOYER AND TO THE PUBLIC TO SEE THAT HIS EVERY ACT IS PERFORMED IN THE SAFEST POSSIBLE MANNER … A MISTAKE ON THE PART OF THE RIGGER CAN EASILY CAUSE THE LOSS OF LIFE AND THE DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY … A CAREFUL RIGGER DOES NOT GUESS OR PLAY HUNCHES, HE HAS TO MAKE SURE HE IS RIGHT BY CHECKING HIS GEAR AND RIGGING METHODS AGAINST PROVEN AND ACCEPTED RIGGING STANDARDS.”
For your convenience, a product-line summary is shown on the following page. For more complete and detailed information on any particular product, call one of our Sales Representatives.
We would like to thank the Wire Rope Technical Board for the information used in Chapter 1.