Silver State Wire Rope, Inc., with general offices, manufacturing and warehousing in Las Vegas, is the largest and most complete wire rope rigging company in the state. We specialize in the distribution of wire rope, cable, rigging hardware, safety products, the manufacture of slings, lifting devices and specialized assemblies, and the inspection, certification and repair of hoists and both overhead and mobile cranes, as well as many other mechanical rigging components.
We are very proud of our reputation for quality, service, and price. Because of it, we have established many loyal and satisfied customer; throughout Nevada. Our policy of offering quality, service, and price – in that order – shall remain unchanged, but we will continue to improve our facilities and add new products in order to provide you with the most complete “one-stop” rigging service in the West.
The purpose of this catalog is to afford you a handy reference for many of the outstanding products that we sell. We are pleased to represent these fine manufacturers, for we know that their products are proven, promptly available and competitively priced. Our experienced sales personnel and rigging experts are always available for prompt and comprehensive assistance to you. A single phone call does the trick!
- Buildings – manufacturing and warehousing: 19,000 sq. ft.
- Swaging Presses:
- 1-500 ton, (ESCO)
- 1-150 ton, (ESCO)
- 1 Rotary Swager (Kearny)
- 1-1000 ton (National)
- Splicing Vises : 5
- Spooling and Coiling Machines; Mechanical capacity10,000#
- Pull Tester” Hydraulic capacity 300,000#
- Design and manufacturing capabilities for wire rope hoisting slings and assemblies.
- Special splices for wire ropes and synthetic ropes.
- Swaging: Terminals, sleeves, buttons, ferrules and aircraft fittings.
- Quality controlled rigging processes.
- Inspection, certification and repair of mobile and overhead cranes of all capacities.
- Cal accredited – Cal OSHA# CA-299
- Nevada accredited
- Nevada contractors license #49455
- Inspection and recertification of self retracting lifelines.
- Accredited by North. Ultrasafe, Ikar, Miller and others.
- The only Nationally Accredited Company for European “Pfeifer” high performance wire rope termination.
THE RIGGER’S CODE
As an established supplier of services and materials to numerous commercial enterprises and governmental agencies, we
employ what we consider to be the finest master riggers and craftsmen in our industry. Regardless of its size, every job
order is completed to the letter of the RIGGER’S CODE.
“A RIGGER HAS A DEFINITE OBLIGATION TO HIS FELLOW WORKMAN, TO HIS EMPLOYER AND TO THE PUBLIC TO SEE THAT HIS EVERY ACT IS PERFORMED IN THE SAFEST POSSIBLE MANNER … A MISTAKE ON THE PART OF THE RIGGER CAN EASILY CAUSE THE LOSS OF LIFE AND THE DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY .. A CAREFUL RIGGER DOES NOT GUESS OR PLAY HUNCHES, HE HAS TO MAKE SURE HE IS RIGHT BY CHECKING HIS GEAR AND RIGGING METHODS AGAINST PROVEN AND ACCEPTED RIGGING STANDARDS.”
For your convenience, a product-line summary is shown on the following page. For more complete and detailed information on any particular product, call one of our Sales Representatives.
We would like to thank the Wire Rope Technical Board for the information used in Chapter 1.