MID-GRIP CLIPS FOR WIRE ROPE
SIZES: 3/16 TO 3/4 IN.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Mid-Grip Clips allow for full arc wrench swing for quicker installation, retightening and disassembly.
- Saddles are made of forged steel for strength and wearability. Full assembly is
mechanical galvanized per ASTM B695-04 Class 25 Type 1.
- Size, manufacturer and trace code are clearly marked on the saddle for easy
- Meets or exceeds performance requirements of FF-C-450 specifications, Type III, Class
1 and will provide maximum holding strength.
NEW & IMPROVED HEX BOLT & NUT DESIGN
TIGHT, SECURE FIT
Hexagon bolt head fits securely into hex-shaped socket for exceptional rotation resistance. This prevents spinning even after repeated use and re-torquing.
Precise threading on bolt and nut ensures tight alignment and exceptional strength.
FEWER LOOSE PARTS TO DROP
Hex bolt is knurled and machine pressed into socket to securely couple with the saddle.
PROPER USE OF MID-GRIP CLIPS
- Refer to chart above when following these instructions. Turn back specified amounts of
rope from thimble or loop. Apply first clip one base width from dead end of rope.
Tighten nuts evenly, alternating from one nut to the other until reaching the
- When two clips are required, apply the second clip as near the loop or thimble as
possible. Tighten nuts evenly, alternating until reaching the recommended torque.
When more than two clips are required, apply the second clip as near the loop or
thimble as possible and turn nuts on second clip firmly, but do not tighten.
Proceed to step 3.
- When three or more clips are required, space additional clips between first two and
take up rope slack. Then tighten nuts on all clips, alternating from one nut to the other
until reaching the recommended torque.
- Apply an initial load equal to loads expected in use. Inspect for proper spacing and
retighten the nuts to the recommended torque.